SPRING into EQUITY!
INTERRUPTING RACISM LEVEL 1
|Training:||Interrupting Racism Level 1: Amplifying Individual Awareness|
Note: Participants are required to attend both sessions.
|Delivery:||Virtual via Zoom|
|Cost:||$50.00 per person|
Click here to see a full calendar of events for the SPRING into EQUITY! series.
This 6-hour training lays the foundation for a common understanding of the breadth and depth of racism and its impact on all aspects of society. This training is a prerequisite to attend Interrupting Racism Levels 2-4 and Responding to Racism from Clients. Activities and exercises include:
- Community Agreements for engaging in learning together
- History of Racism in the US Timeline
- Unpacking our personal histories of race and racism
- Data on the material impact of racism today
- Stereotypes, prejudice & bias
- White privilege: using it for good
- Intersectionality and the complexity of racial experiences
- Cultural humility
- Looking through the lens of diversity, equity & inclusion
- Language for talking about race, ethnicity and racism
- Being antiracist vs non-racist
Human In Common’s Reparations Policy: People of Color who would like to attend our antiracism trainings at no cost may email their requests to: email@example.com